For the past year Adam Smith has worked at the elders request to explore, evaluate and provide an initial plan for implementing a Home Group ministry within the Lake Harbour family. These plans were placed on hold during our minister search. Since we have hired Dustin Abbott as our new Preaching Minister, the elders have now asked Adam to work with us on initiating the process of implementing this ministry into our family at Lake Harbour. This implementation will include continued planning, adjustments and evaluations until it becomes a viable ministry for our family.
What we are looking at as of today:
- We are setting Sunday, February 3, 2019 as our targeted start date.
- Dustin will begin a three sermon series (December 2, 9 & 16) focusing on aspects of Home Groups that will be valuable to our church family and the communities where we live.
- There will be two leader trainings offered, one prior to the Christmas holidays and one afterward. Leaders will be selected by and work with Adam Smith, but we encourage anyone interested to be trained.
- There is also a “Home Group Fair” being planned where families can learn more and signup for the group they would like to attend.
Basics to the structure we see developing:
- Groups will meet on Sunday evenings.
- Members will be able to “signup" for the individual group to which they wish to participate.
- There will be an “At the Building Group” that meets at Lake Harbour each Sunday night.
- Groups will be strategically placed within our communities to help insure distance is not a deterrent to participation.
Many have already volunteered to be group leaders or host a home group. On behalf of the eldership, we are very thankful for your willingness to see this ministry get off the ground at Lake Harbour. We encourage ALL of the Lake Harbour family to consider joining our Home Groups Ministry.
Blessings in Christ,
REGISTER FOR HOME GROUPS BELOW